Applications & Exams
- Exam Appointments:
- If you fail to schedule an exam appointment for your selected testing window, you will need to submit another application and additionalfees will apply.
- ProMetric API的考试管理厂商，收取70美元的费用（直接向他们支付）在现有考试预约5-29天内在其网站内重新安排或取消。
- You may not change an exam to a new testing window after your exam is scheduled with Prometric. You will need to submit another application and additionalfees will apply.
- Exception: Results for the Ultrasonic Testing performance demonstration exams are emailed from API approximately 4-6 weeks after the exam session.
- Print copies of your certificates and wallet cards directly from your API account in theICP门户网站in two ways:
- Select the “Certifications” tab at the top of your account and click on the links labeled: “Print Certificate” and “Print Wallet Card.”
- API mails certificates to the preferred mailing address provided by applicants on their ICP applications. API is not responsible for mishandled or undelivered mail.
API Payment Policy
- Applications will not be processed until payment is received and applied.
- All payments need to be made in United States currency and checks drawn from a U.S. bank. Applicants are responsible for all taxes, banking and other service fees, including all applicable withholding taxes.
- Mail checks to: API, P.O. Box 1425, Merrifield, VA 22116-1425 USA
- 通过快递服务查看：美国石油学院，ATTN：ICP，200 Massachusetts Avenue，NW，华盛顿州，D.C.20001，USA
- When paying by electronic/wire transfer:
- Add a $50.00 USD handling fee for electronic payments not drawn on a U.S. bank.
- Reference the ICP invoice number found in your online application.
- Send funds to: TD Bank, 1030 15th St NW, Washington, DC 20005 USA / ABA Routing # 054001725 (ACH) / ABA Routing # 031101266 (Wire) / Credit to American Petroleum Institute, Account # 4251303172, SWIFT: NRTHUS33
API Refund Policy
Refund requests must be submitted to API within three months from the date payment was received by API and prior to the examination window, as set forth below. In order to submit a refund request, you must fill out the form below:
API与考试有一个合同plicant. Therefore, API will only honor refund requests that come directly from the applicant, regardless of whether payment was made by a third party. Requests from said third parties will not be honored.
Refunds that have not been issued due to customers not responding to API's request for information within one (1) calendar year from the original payment date will be canceled and API will no longer be obligated to return the funds.
Refunds will be issued under these circumstances:
- API will refund the initial New Application fee for requests made before theapplication deadline, minus $100 for processing.
- API will refund 50% of the initial New Application fee for requests made after the application deadline和在测试窗口开始之前。
- 重新安排应用程序的API将退还100% fee when an applicant submitted a reschedule request then subsequently passed the examination from a previous application.
Refunds will not be issued under these circumstances:
- if applicant is unqualified for a certification for which he or she has applied, or has provided any inaccurate or false information in an application or renewal document.
- if request is made three months or more after the initial payment date.
- if request is made after the applicant has already scheduled an exam date and location with Prometric.
- if applicant does not show up for a scheduled exam.
- if applicant has already taken an exam.
Recertification application fees are nonrefundable.
Late application fees are nonrefundable.
ICP赞赏所有客户反馈，包括投诉。我们认为投诉是改进流程的一种方式。对ICP的投诉可能会传递给Inspector@api.org, or to any ICP employee in writing. ICP personnel will attempt to resolve the issue upon receipt. If the complaint requires further investigation, ICP will escalate appropriately.
关于测试地点的条件或环境的投诉必须在考试日期之后的七个营业日之后的书面上提交给API。Please emailICPExamCoordinator@api.org和API will investigate诉讼确定重新测试是否合适。但是，将基于对测试地点的投诉进行调整的考试分数。
ICP has an appeals process for those who wish to contest their exam results or a decision on their application. All appeals will be reveiwed and investigated as appropriate by ICP Staff.
- Application Appeals: Appeals concerning ICP application decisions should be emailed toInspector@api.org.
- Exam Appeals: Only appeals contesting structure and overall subject matter of the exam should be sent toICPExamCoordinator@api.org.
- Challenges regarding content of specific exam questions must be submitted during the exam. SeeFAQsfor more details.
- API will not disclose or return the contents of a failed exam or renewal quiz to any applicant.
All appeals must be submitted within 30 days of the certification decision or 7 days after exam date and must include all of the following:
- Candidate name
- API ID.
- Application/exam being appealed
- Specific reason why the candidate believes the decision was in error, with evidence to support the candidate's claim
Copyright Policy & How to Purchase API Publications
- Papers, publications and materials in any form are not allowed into computer testing centers. In cases where applicable codes and standards are allowed into examination rooms, such as at special paper-based exams, API’s Document Policy will be strictly enforced, and unauthorized materials will not be permitted. API will conduct random audits, and illegal copies will be confiscated prior to the exam.
- Purchasing Authorized API Publications:
- Refer to your ICP program’s effectivity sheet for a list of standards and codes that you will need to study for your exam. Copies of these publications can be obtained from theAPI Publications Store.
- API与IHS和TechStreet达成协议，允许他们通过电子订阅分发API标准。拥有API订阅的公司只能为员工打印相关的ICP文件。查看印刷限制的关键条款：API Document Policy
截至2016年1月1日API和ASME文件the API 510, 570 and 653 exams are no longer offered as "packages." Please continue to refer to your program’s Publications Effectivity Sheet and Body of Knowledge, which include information on all codes and standards needed for the examinations.
For more information, contact:firstname.lastname@example.org.
I’m having trouble logging into my account. What can I do?
Why isn’t my application accepting an email address for my employment verifier?
Why was my application marked as Unqualified and what happens next?
Before submitting an application, please read thequalification requirementsfor the selected program. The necessary minimum experience MUST be documented on the application. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements or do not contain all the necessary information will be marked as unqualified. Candidates will then need to submit a new application and pay a full application fee again.
Questions on ICP exams are derived from the publications listed in each program's Publications Effectivity Sheet. Additional information and specific topics are included in the program’s Body of Knowledge. These documents, along with other pertinent reference materials, are found on the Exam Info tab for eachICP Certification.
Can I schedule my exam with Prometric if I have a deficiency on my application?
I cannot locate a Prometric testing center near me.
How are ICP exams scored?
The passing scaled score for these exams will differ with each exam period. Each exam has different questions in it, and consequently, different exams will vary in the level and range of difficulty. API uses an industry-standard statistical process called equating to adjust the passing scaled score according to the relative difficulty of the exam form. Thus, the passing scaled score used for each exam always represents the minimum knowledge required and the absolute knowledge standard is held constant. Passing the exam is not affected by any other candidate's performance.
ICP offers preliminary score results following all computer-based exams. Candidates will receive preliminary score reports via email from Prometric within 24 hours of testing. Preliminary results for all exams have two levels:
- Preliminary Pass: Your score preliminary falls into passing range
- Preliminary Not Pass: Additional analysis will be conducted to confirm and finalize your score and determine whether you passed or failed. Please do not reschedule until final results are released.
How do exam challenges work?
When will I receive my exam results?
When will I be certified?
The certification process typically takes 2-4 weeks after exam results are released, at which time a paper certificate and wallet card will be mailed to the “Preferred” address in your API account profile. If you have questions, please contact ICP Program Support at 202-682-8064, or by email atInspector@api.org.
If you pass the exam and your application is showing “Scheduled-Deficient,” API will not certify you until all deficiencies are cleared. Please log into your account in theICP门户网站和select the “Notifications” tab across the top of your account. Review your Deficiency Letter and submit the necessary information so that your certification can be completed.
Where do I take my Recertification Web Quiz?
寻求重新认证其API 510,570,653或936认证的候选人需要每六年进行在线，开放式测验，以续订其认证。要采取重新认证测验，或者确定当前认证需要测验是否需要测验，登录到您的帐户ICP门户网站. If a web quiz is due, there will be an Alert at the top of your certification page with a link that will take you to the quiz. NOTE: The login credentials for the web quiz is the same as the login for the ICP Portal.
Go to认证for additional recertification information for your program, including the Publications Effectivity Sheets for web quizzes.