Pandemic Resources & Information
About COVID-19 – Prevention
Although there are vaccines now developed to prevent coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19), the best way to prevent illness is to avoid being exposed to this virus. To learn more about the vaccines, visit the CDC’s page这里。但是，作为提醒，CDC始终建议日常预防措施，以帮助防止呼吸系统疾病的传播，包括：
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Follow CDC’s recommendations for using a facemask.
- CDC does not recommend that people who are well wear a facemask to protect themselves from respiratory diseases, including COVID-19.
- Facemasks should be used by people who show symptoms of COVID-19 to help prevent the spread of the disease to others. The use of facemasks is also crucial for health workers and people who are taking care of someone in close settings (at home or in a health care facility).
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
CDC Hotline & Email Information